New to fit52 and not sure where to start?
Don’t worry: we’re here to cheer you on! Read on to learn how to get started on feeling amazing.
What is fit52?
Inspired by Carrie Underwood’s passion for an active lifestyle, fit52 is a fitness app and wellness community focused on a well-rounded approach to a healthy lifestyle. Within the app, you’ll find customizable workouts and stretch sessions, delicious healthy recipes, and a supportive community to cheer each other on! And in case you’re curious: the name fit52 is a play on the concept of 52 cards in a deck each representing an exercise (in the app, the cards are drawn to guide your workout) — but also doubles as a reminder to prioritize your well-being for all 52 weeks in the year.
How does fit52 work?
When you first open the app, you can set your specific and personalized fitness goals and a target number of days per week to work out. You’ll then be delivered a personalized program (known as a ‘Path’) and you can begin working out!
Workouts start with a virtual deck of playing cards where each card reveals an exercise and the number of reps. The card suits represent different target areas for you to work out. Spades = Cardio, Clubs = Core, Hearts = Lower Body, Diamonds = Upper Body. You can choose workouts based on their target area or by workout duration. fit52 offers workouts ranging from anywhere between 5 and 60 minutes.
What if I need to modify a specific move?
fit52 offers different modifications for low-impact needs, pregnancy, and postpartum! And if you feel like leveling up any of your moves, you can opt to add in equipment – choosing from a variety of different options such as dumbbells, kettlebells, stability ball, mini-bands and more!
A few more tips to get the most out of fit52:
- Make sure you have properly fueled up before a workout.
- Have a full water bottle nearby before you start your workout.
- Choose music that will pump you up, whether it’s one of the many playlists offered by fit52 or your own. You can always take a look at the beats-per-minute (BPM) of songs to help set the right pace for your workout.
- Make sure you complete the warm-up and cool-down! These practices can help prevent injury and overall soreness.
- Try to get a good night’s sleep! Rest is important on any health and wellness journey and can ensure that your body has a chance to recover before your next activity.
- Remember your ‘why’. This is the driving force that will keep you coming back and continuing to show up for yourself.